PANEANG CURRY WITH CHICKEN
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 1 or 6)
1/3 (2 C) of a cup chicken breast, medium sliced (beef, pork, tofu or pumpkin)
3/4 (4-1/2) cup thick coconut milk (soy milk or fresh milk)
1 or 2 (6 or 12) tablespoons curry paste
1 (6) tablespoon fish sauce
1 (6) tablespoon brown sugar (palm sugar or white sugar)
1 (6) kaffir-lime leaf, torn into pieces and stem discarded
1/2 (3) of a large red chili, sliced thin (for garnish)
10 (60) sweet basil leaves
1. Mix the curry paste, sugar, and fish sauce together and set aside.
2. Place 1/4 (1-1/2) cup of the thick coconut milk into the saucepan and heat over medium heat
until the coconut oil starts to separate out.
3. Add the curry paste, fish sauce, and sugar, and continue to stir until the curry
paste is cooked - about 1 minute.
4. Add the chicken, and when it turns white, add remaining 1/2 (3) cup of the thick
coconut milk and the kaffir lime leaf. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, until the chicken
is thoroughly cooked.
5. Add sweet basil leaves and stir to combine.
6. Remove from heat and serve garnished with shredded kaffir lime leaf, basil leaves
and a large chili.