GREEN CURRY WITH CHICKEN
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 1)
1 cup coconut milk, separated into half cup of thick and half cup of thin (soymilk or fresh milk)
1/3 cup chicken breast (about one whole breast), thickly sliced (beef , pork, pumpkin,
potato, or taro root)
1 tablespoon green curry paste
1 large eggplant, stem removed and cut into 12 pieces (aubergines)
5 small eggplant, stem removed I tablespoon palm sugar (brown, white, and sugar lumps)
1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
1O leaves of sweet basil (or to taste)
1 large red chili, cut into thin strips
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1. Mix the curry paste, sugar, and fish sauce together and set aside.
2. Place the thick coconut milk into a sauce pan turn and cook over --medium heat
for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the coconut oil starts to separate out.
3. Add the curry paste, sugar, and fish sauce, continuing to stir until you can smell
the aroma of the heating curry paste.
4. Add the chicken breast and stir until the outside of the chicken pieces turn white,
then add the thin coconut milk.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil, and add the eggplant and kaffir lime leaf. Cook for
about 2-3 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Add the basil leaves, and stir to combine.
7. Remove from heat and serve garnished with a large red chili and basil leaves.
Note: If you have fresh coconut milk the above method can be used, if not check the
earlier ingredients section for instructions on how to make coconut milk.